Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gorgeous Astrophoto: The Blue Milky Way

Gorgeous Astrophoto: The Blue Milky Way :

Fishing Boats Meet the Milky Way on the Isle of Wight (south of England) on May 16, 2013. Credit and copyright: Chad Powell/Chad Powell Design and Photography.
Fishing Boats Meet the Milky Way on the Isle of Wight (south of England) on May 16, 2013. Credit and copyright: Chad Powell/Chad Powell Design and Photography.
We’ve shared featured many images of the Milky Way in our featured photos from astrophotographers, but this might be one of the most vibrant I’ve seen! The blue of the sky and sea is incredible and almost pulsates with its stunning azure color. Photographer Chad Powell explained on Flickr: “Where I live on the Isle of Wight (south of England) is known to have minimal light pollution but I only ever shot the milkyway from my back garden. I decided to finally trek it down to my local beach. The Milky Way was so bright in the sky, it was breathtaking! The lights on the left are from fishing boats tens of miles out to sea.”
Simply beautiful, especially if you are a blue-o-file like I am!
Check out more of Chad’s work on Flickr or his website, IsleOfWightMilkyWay.com

© nancy for Universe Today, 2013. |Permalink |No comment |
Post tags: , ,

Feed enhanced by Better Feed from Ozh

No comments:

Post a Comment