Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Thought I Saw A UFO! Mystery Triangle On STEREO Image Explained…

I Thought I Saw A UFO! Mystery Triangle On STEREO Image Explained…:

Mystery diamond-shape “object” entering the field-of-view of the HI2 telescope on STEREO Behind around December 26, 2011. Credit: NASA

The STEREO (Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory) is a two-year mission conducted by NASA. It employs nearly identical twin telescopes – one positioned ahead of Earth’s orbit and the other behind – designed to study the Sun’s activities spectroscopically. However, it can sometimes pick up some very unusual findings! On December 26, 2011, the STEREO Behind Observatory’s HI2 telescope captured an ambiguous triangle entering the field of view and moving from right to left just above the trapezoidal occulter as seen in the above movie. Just what is this “thing”?! (...)
Read the rest of I Thought I Saw A UFO! Mystery Triangle On STEREO Image Explained… (260 words)


No comments:

Post a Comment