Monday, September 5, 2011

Is the Moon Mars Myth Over?

Is the Moon Mars Myth Over?:





Mars and the Moon -- NOT. Credit: Scientific American

Twitter users Kris McCall and Wayne Povey reminded me that it’s August 27th today. Don’t you know what that is? That’s the day all those stupid “Mars is going to look bigger than the Moon” hoax emails go around the internet. We’ll usually get deluged by emails from the recipients, and have to write up a big response explaining itagainand againand again.


But I just realized… I haven’t gotten a single email this year. I totally forgot to mention it in Universe Today.


So that’s it, I’m officially calling this hoax over. You hear me hoaxers and remailers? You’ve lost. People now understand that there’s no possible way that Mars can look bigger in the sky. Your ridiculous hoax is falling on deaf ears. It just took 8 years of non-stop debunking.


Skepticism has won this day.
PICTURES OF NATURE & UNIVERSE PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment